Ashfall, Ashen Winter, and Oral Surgery

I'm off to the oral surgeon today. One of my molars has been missing for six years, but until I got my first royalty check in February, I had lacked the funds to replace it. I'm told they're going to drill a hole in my bone and jam a titanium screw into the hole. I can't say I'm looking forward to that, but it'll be nice to have all my teeth again. Maybe I'll have Alex and Darla engraved on it, like this guy did:


Or maybe an ASHFALL cover would look better? I could put my two two books side-by-side like this on the new tooth and the one next to it:


I got this lovely screen printed cake at Appoquinimink High School, and if they can screen print cakes, why not teeth, right?


 On second thought, maybe I'll just settle for naming my new tooth. It'll be named ASHFALL, of course.
post signature

9 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Titanium screw - will you have trouble getting past metal detectors? ;-)

Unknown said...

I hope not! I didn't think to ask that question. It looks HUGE on the x-ray, too. I also didn't realize they were going to beat on my jaw with a hammer and chisel set. Ow!

Lissa Price said...

I am totally jealous! No school made a cake like that for STARTERS! (but I'm happy you got one, really I am)

Unknown said...

You need to visit Appoquinimink High School in Delaware! They're awesome!

Helen Harill said...

Egads...I'm not even going to ask if the whole banging on your jaw hurt because I'm pretty stinking sure I know the answer to that question. However, since one of those lovely 'implants' is in my future I'm thinking that knocking me slap out before hand is sounding better and better.

New to the blog. I like it. funny how things will draw someone out of hiding. It would, of course, have to be a trip to a dentist.

Hope you're all better by now
Helen

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this post. I found it very informative and helpful. I am having oral surgery in the next few weeks and was a little bit comprehensive. I then spoke to this great oral surgeon in NJ and he reassured me of the success rate of the procedure.

Unknown said...

We realize that whatever we do is a statement. Whatever conscious decision we make is a statement because it tells other people something. You see a woman walking wearing bright red lipstick; she’s making a statement. See more oral surgery personal statement

Santanu Mondal said...

I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.

fruits good for skin whitening

Nina moeller said...

Cet article de blog est tout simplement fantastique, comme une recette bien conçue qui allie connaissances, créativité et praticité dans un plat délicieux.Avec sa simplicité et son accessibilité, le cps test est devenu une activité en ligne populaire qui non seulement divertit mais sert également de façon amusante de rivaliser avec des amis et des collègues.