Dystopian movies

This Friday I’ll finally watch The Hunger Games. I know I’m a bit late but I was and am still sick, and, to make matters worse, on deadline.

In preparation for The Hunger Games I’ve been thinking about my favorite dystopian/post-apocalyptic movies and I want to present them to you:

1. Demolition Man


2. Planet of the Apes


3. Waterworld


4. I am Legend


5. The Matrix


6. Alien


7. Minority Report


8. I, Robot


9. The Postman


10. The Terminator



I hope The Hunger Games will join their ranks!

 What are your favorite dystopian/post-apoc movies?
post signature

4 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

You've got some good ones in there. I love dystopian movies - even the campy ones - so here are a few of my favorites:

The Mad Max trilogy, Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd, Escape from New York/LA... and others I can't think of right now. =o)

Mandy P.S. said...

I love love love Planet of the Apes. The book is awesome too. I highly recommend it.

And The Postman is one of my favorites!

But I must add Gattaca to your list. I love that movie. And it's definitely dystopian.

ilima said...

Gattaca is one of my favs!

Unknown said...

Dystopian movies are to show people how they are losing humanity from the society. This is the great list of dystopian movies that I have ever seen, as all are my favorite movies in this list. I am sure one will definitely enjoy the day during watching these and get good lesson from these movies.