Summer Reading



Ah, Summer. Time for beach—or at least hammock in the backyard—reading. And  since I’ve turned in my first complete draft of the Forgetting Curve, so I might just have a little time to catch up on some other folks’ books.  Here’s what’s on my to-read list (in no real order): 

  • Divergent by Veronica Roth (Just finished it, and it's excellent!)
  • The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
  • Graveminder by Melissa Marr
  • Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
  • Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • Dead Rules by Randy Russell (comes out late June)
  • Forever  by Maggie Stiefvater (July)
  • Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris (July)
  • Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong (July)
  • Fox Inheritance by Mary Pearson (August)
  • The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch (September)
  • Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton (September)
  • Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen (September)
  • Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (September)

This was just my sf/fantasy list.  I’m also planning to read Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach (which I’m actually about half-way through) and The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner.

What’s on your summer reading list?



3 comments:

Riv Re said...

Love your list! Totally with you on Forever, and possibly Fox Inheritance (I was so excited to find out there was a sequel, after the way The Adoration... ended!)
I have a weird idea this summer, actually. I'll be reading some of my more highly anticipated fantasy summer releases, but I've decided to go with the whole "light, funny summer read" thing, and I'm going to try *whispers* contemporary. Maybe even *drops voice further* chic-lits. *gasps*
Well, enjoy your books!

Elana Johnson said...

Great list!! I'm waiting for WITCH EYES by Scott Tracey.

munna said...

In the meantime, others make use of pixel gun 3d mod apk, hacks and also various other approaches to obtain limitless coins. You can make contact with us at the web site if you have any kind of worries with concerns to where as well as exactly how to utilize pixel gun 3d hack pocket version.