The Big Winners

I'm just back from an excellent and exhausting first ALA experience. The big news of course are all the Printz, Newbery and Caldecott winners and honorees. I was lucky enough to attend the Newbery and Caldecott banquet and it was quite an event. Hundreds upon hundreds of librarians and industry folk in a cavernous hall spending 3 1/2 hours eating dispiriting banquet food while listening to a slate of incredibly inspiring and moving speeches.

Printz winners and honorees can be found here , Newberry winners here  and Caldecott winners here.

Of these, I'm embarrassed to admit I've only read a couple of the Printz winnders, Shipbeaker and Stolen, both of which were really fantastic. I'll definitely be shooting to finish up all the Printz honorees

How about you all? Any personal favorites among the lists you can recommend? Anything you think should have been on there and wasn't?

3 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Ship Breaker is incredible.

Heart of a Samurai looks awesome too, but I haven't read it.

Myrna Foster said...

Heart of a Samurai IS awesome.

Angie Smibert said...

I just finished listening to Shipbreaker on the way back from DC. Excellent--and the audio version is well done.