Summer Reading Club!

Okay, so we here at the League write books. As authors, we're also rabid readers, and we thought it would be fun to have a Summer Reading Club here at the League! So every Friday this month, we'll be highlighting and recommending amazing speculative fiction novels as part of our Club.

Each week will have a different theme, and we thought the best way to start would be to spotlight the novels we loved as teens.

We hope you'll add these titles to your list of books to read if you haven't already, and we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you loved as a teen in the comments!


Lissa Price's Novel of the Month: The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
"This enchanted tale captured my imagination and immersed me in another world."


Lenore Appelhans's Recommended Read: Beauty by Sheri Tepper
"Mixing fairy tales with time travel dystopia, Beauty enthralled me as a young teen and introduced me to genre-bending sci-fi."


Susanne Winnacker's Top Pick: Watchers by Dean Koontz
"As a teen, I devoured everything Koontz had written, and this one featured a super intelligent, genetically engineered dog, which made me love it even more."

Beth Revis's Must-Read: Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle
"Most people prefer L'Engle's first in the Time Travel Quartet, A Wrinkle in Time, but I always loved Many Waters. It broke my heart while giving me hope at the same time."

Mindy McGinnis's Pick of the Week: Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien
"A teen girl surviving alone in a post-nuclear world? Yes, please."

Peggy Eddleman's Feature Title: The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
"I first read this probably when I was the same age as Will Stanton-- eleven. I was completely drawn in by the prophesied hero who had to save everyone while he was just a kid. It was one of those books that made me think that being a kid didn't mean I couldn't do great things."

Lydia Kang's Most Memorable Read: Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander

"I loved that world so much, and seeing Princess Eilonwy and Taran grow so much throughout the series was one of the best parts."

Bethany Hagens Obsession: Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden

"There was something really thrilling about ordinary teens turning into guerrilla fighters, and I loved that it was set in Australia."














What's on your summer reading list??



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The problem remains that there is not a law about rewriting something as your own words, especially for content. more