Basking in the Movie's Glow

Okay, so I was sitting in a pizza place the other day. (Don't judge. Writers gotta write...and eat, and sometimes cooking and writing don't coincide. So pizza.) And they had this wicked-lame TV next to the menu. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice TV. Flat screen and all that. But the cable feed into the TV was terrible. It skipped, blurred out, paused, you name it, this feed did it. There was hardly any sound to be heard, because this classy pizza joint has an open kitchen.

So anyway, I'm sitting there, half-involved in a conversation and half-watching the guy make my pizza to ensure nothing goes awry there, when a few seconds of non-blurry, smooth action takes place on the flat screen.

It's a commercial--a movie trailer. My friend noticed it at the same time as me, and we both stopped conversing to watch. I'm like, "Whoa."

She's like, "Is that Ally's?" (<<referring to Ally Condie's MATCHED, as Ally lives near us and we are somewhat friendly with her.)

I go, "Maybe... I haven't heard anything about it."

She says, "Wait."

I say, "I know what that is!"

Then it flashes on the screen: THE GIVER.

I didn't even know they were making THE GIVER into a movie! I'm totally thrilled. We collected our pizza, basking in the movie's glow the rest of the night.

See? Good things can happen at crummy pizza places. So go get yourself a pie!

I only got to see the final seconds, so here's the whole thing if you want to watch it. THE GIVER comes out in movie format on August 15! #happydance #scifirocks




What movies are you looking forward to this fall?


4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yes, I totally want to see that too. Though I may rent it.

Lily Cate said...

I'm going to see Boyhood by Richard Linklater the second it comes to our local awesome indie theater.

Irene Jennings said...

What I find sad about this movie is basically they are trying to make this like the Hunger Games/Divergent when in the book it was nothing like this futuristic sci-fi world. The movie could have been great the book sure was especially if the movie was in black and white.
Top Recommended Website Design Indianapolis Service

Play Bazaar said...

satta king
play bazaar Likewise, abstain from planning your meeting between two exercises since this is probably going to raise your feelings of anxiety.