Dystopian movies

This Friday I’ll finally watch The Hunger Games. I know I’m a bit late but I was and am still sick, and, to make matters worse, on deadline.

In preparation for The Hunger Games I’ve been thinking about my favorite dystopian/post-apocalyptic movies and I want to present them to you:

1. Demolition Man


2. Planet of the Apes


3. Waterworld


4. I am Legend


5. The Matrix


6. Alien


7. Minority Report


8. I, Robot


9. The Postman


10. The Terminator



I hope The Hunger Games will join their ranks!

 What are your favorite dystopian/post-apoc movies?
post signature

3 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

You've got some good ones in there. I love dystopian movies - even the campy ones - so here are a few of my favorites:

The Mad Max trilogy, Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd, Escape from New York/LA... and others I can't think of right now. =o)

Bittersweet Fountain said...

I love love love Planet of the Apes. The book is awesome too. I highly recommend it.

And The Postman is one of my favorites!

But I must add Gattaca to your list. I love that movie. And it's definitely dystopian.

ilima said...

Gattaca is one of my favs!