I just got to meet Beth Revis in person at the end of her Breathless Reads tour with Marie Lu, Andrea Cremer and Jessica Spotswood. It was one of the best book events I’ve seen, because the chemistry was so good between these funny and fun authors.
Denise Hamilton did the Q and A at Once Upon a Time Bookstore and the packed house loved hearing details of how they each got published and how different their writing processes were. Yes, those are questions you’ve heard before but their candid and often hilarious answers made this evening fly.
In the audience were YA authors Tahereh Mafi (SHATTER ME), Marissa Meyer (CINDER) and others. We all left with a cupcake and a chance at winning prizes using the code on our lanyards. That’s how you do a book signing!
I am coming into the home stretch here, with the release of my YA dystopian thriller debut STARTERS on March 13. I am feverishly writing book two up until my tour.
This is where I’ll be. If you can come visit me at one of the stops, please tell me you’re a Leaguer.
● 3/13 Vroman’s Bookstore - Pasadena, CA @ 6:00 PM
● 3/14 Books Inc. - Berkeley, CA @ 7:00 PM with Nina LaCour and Caitlin Kittredge
● 3/17 University Book Store - Mill Creek, WA @ 11:00 AM - Teen book brunch with Marissa Meyer
● 3/18 WonderCon 2012 - Anaheim Convention Center @ 3:00 PM - Q&A Session with Andrea Cremer, Ann Aguirre, Kami Garcia, Gretchen McNeil, Ransom Riggs, Veronica Rossi
BOOK SIGNING immediately after at the Mysterious Galaxy Booth – 4:00 PM.
Note: WonderCon Badge Required - $10 Online/$15 Onsite (Adults) | $5 Online/$13 Onsite (Junior/Senior)
● 3/19 Barnes & Noble - West Jordan, UT @ 7:00 PM
● 3/21 Anderson’s Bookshop - Chicago, IL @ 7:00 PM
● 3/28 New York Public Library - New York, NY - 7:00 PM - Author Panel
● 3/29 Barnes & Noble - Princeton, NJ 7:00 PM
● 4/21-22 LA Times Festival of Books - University of Southern California @ Time to be Determined
● 4/25 Barnes & Noble - Huntington Beach, CA @ 7:00 PM
To get you all in the mood, I’m giving away an ARC of STARTERS here. All you have to do is comment on this thread. And, I’ll make it international.
The winner will be announced here on March 9. Good luck!