Bio: New League Member Gennifer Albin

Oh my heck, you guys! There are SO MANY new awesome bloggers joining us on The League for 2012! I think we might cause the Awesomocalypse just from these announcements.

And today is no different. Welcome YA dystopian author Gennifer Albin to The League!

Name: Gennifer Albin

Title: Crewel (Farrar Straus Giroux, October 2012)

Short Plot: In a world where women, designated as Spinsters, weave time, matter, and the very fabric of existence, a 16-year-old girl must maneuver secrets and lethal intrigue to uncover her destiny.

Favorite dystopian/sci-fi works: I'm a sucker for the classics. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick. But I love The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Matched by Ally Condie, and Cinder by Marissa Meyer, too. As far as movies? If it's based on a Philip K. Dick story or directed by J.J. Abrams, I know it's for me.

Why I write dystopian? It's the story I had to tell.

Whimper of Bang? I'm positive we're going to have a few bangs in there. Guns, nuclear weapons, asteroids, alien invasions, but at the end, there's only the whimper of it all fading to nothing.

More about Gennifer: Gennifer Albin has a degree in 18th century literature, which means she's read a lot of very old, very long books, but we won't talk about that. Nowadays she spends her times building fantastic worlds comprised of the people she'd like to go on adventures with, while wrangling two little ones. She writes for her husband who loves to read and doesn't mind paying her in delicious, home-baked bread and Indian food.

I am so freaking excited to have Genn on-board, and I cannot wait to read CREWEL. Find her online:

12 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome that you joined Genn. I totally can't wait to read your book.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Gennifer! Crewel sounds very different. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Unknown said...

Tee hee! Thanks. I had to keep my big mouth shut about this for two weeks. This was nearly impossible. So excited to be here.

Angie Smibert said...

Welcome Genn!

Britta said...

This book sounds awesome! It's the first I'm hearing of it. Definitely look forward to reading it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Britta!

Myrna Foster said...

Fun! I've been excited to read this one.

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I haven't heard of CREWEL, but it sounds really interesting. Adding it to Goodreads now!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

HEER YE! O HEER YE!! I, blessed holy socks, hereby shall giveth unto thee all of my blogs - eye don’t wann’m anymore; besides, they could be MUCH better spent giving you ideas on the passion and length of Heaven. Like iconoclastic romance? Like well-oiled-clichés? Like adventure and passion in the Great Beyond? Need proof of the Heavenly luxury? Super-sonic-4D, triple-fudge, tour de force, exceed’n-the-limits, especially 'MySoulAccomplishment' and ‘exponential’. We can therefore do whatever we like Upstairs - God only gives bawlz to those who see the need for humility, doll. We love you, girl. I seriously gotta whooole lotta bawlz (in the cranium). Meet me in Heaven and you, too, can see’m HeeHee God bless you.

Lissa Price said...

Hi Genn, so glad you are here. Crewel sounds amazing!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I'm super excited to see Gennifer join the team! I love seeing other Kansas City ladies finding success in their writing careers!

Unknown said...

OMG, thanks everyone! I got distracted by Christmas and just saw all the comments I missed.