About Black City
In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable — they fall in love.
Bonded by a mysterious connection, that causes Ash's long dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught they'll be executed —but their feelings are too strong.
When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
Watch the trailers
Fun facts about BLACK CITY
- The book’s original title was CRAVING
- The city is based on Victorian London
- The female MC, Natalie Buchanan, is named after one of Elizabeth’s closest friends
- BLACK CITY is the first in a trilogy. The sequel, PHOENIX is out on 4 June
- The series has been optioned by Screen Gems
- BLACK CITY was selected as one of Penguin’s Fall 2012 Breathless Reads
GiveawayHere on the League, we're giving away a paperback copy of BLACK CITY to celebrate it's launch! The competition ends on Sunday 12 May, and is open internationally.
a Rafflecopter giveaway