From Angie's website:
However, when Nora makes her first trip to a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic, she learns what her mother, a frequent forgetter, has been frequently forgetting. Nora secretly spits out the pill and holds on to her memories. The memory of the bombing as well as her mother’s secret and her budding awareness of the world outside her little clique make it increasingly difficult for Nora to cope. She turns to two new friends, each with their own reasons to remember, and together they share their experiences with their classmates through an underground comic. They soon learn, though, they can’t get away with remembering.
Read the first chapter here!
Dude, doesn't that sound fantastic?
Well, it is. I've read it, and Nora will stay with you for a while. In fact, she's unforgettable. You can participate in an amazing giveaway and check out other awesomeness on Angie's blog.
Other Noteworthy Things:
- It's one of the Junior Library Guild's Spring Selections, and will be their featured book in June. Make sure you get your copy when it hits shelves on Friday!
- As if you're already not excited enough, Angie is having an amazing contest in celebration of Memento Nora. How do you enter? Simple. Each week a blogger will be doing a post in support of MEMENTO NORA (Schedule here) All you do is leave a comment on the featured blog–and on Angie's site. Each weekly comment earns you a point.
- And make sure you click over and check out what's going on at the new Memento Nora website!
- The Memento Nora project is taking place from April - November, with a DIY comic contest. Click here for all the details.
- Connect with Memento Nora on Facebook.
Congrats, Angie! Here's to a successful launch week!
So, who's had a chance to read Memento Nora? Let us know in the comments (no spoilers, please!). Who is going to die by Friday because they can't read this, like RIGHT THIS SECOND?? We wanna know that too.