|photo credit: cdrummbks via photopin cc|
The Top 10 Reasons Why DAMNATION ALLEY Fascinated Me
- There's just something about most of the population of the world being wiped out, and the massive job those who are left have to make something of the world.
- The concept of starting with just a few people, and gathering others on the way across the country.
- That something big enough to change the world doesn't just change the population or the landscape, it changes other things, too--- weather and insects and skies and what "normal" is.
- Three words: Armor. Plated. Cockroaches.
- Plus, it sort of made me want to ride a motorcycle through all the stories of a department store (at the same time as wonder why they didn't just go out the front doors that were right there).
- Even when there's next to nothing left (or especially when there's nothing left), humans will still seek each other out.
- I could not swear as a kid. Seriously, I could not. It was years before I could actually bring myself to tell people the name of this movie I loved. No joke.
- When a world becomes post-apocalyptic, it becomes a strange dichotomy of primitive and modern.
- One of the main characters was that guy from from The A-Team (and I always loved it when a plan came together).
- When there aren't very many people in the world, it gives characters a huge chance to really step up. What each person does matters so much.