Dystopian Quiz: Places


I was thinking about the words writers use to label people and places to bring depth to their world building. So, I racked my brain and came up with some quizzes. Last week we had the People quiz which many of you found too hard. This week, it's all about Places and I tried to make it easier (look how easy #1 is!). Match the term with the book it came from. Genn will give you the answer key in Friday's post. Let us know how many you got right in the comments!

Here are the 20 terms:

1. Panem

2. Ludania

3. Nollop

4. Hailsham

5. Goodside and Otherside

6. Prime Destinations

7. Godspeed

8. Forgetting clinics

9. Prime Destinations

10. Heart

11. Opium

12. CMS boarding school

13. Balanchine chocolate factory

14. The Pentagonal Spire

15. Goodgrounds

16. Unlake Superior

17. Settler’s Landing

18. OASIS

19. Demesne

20. Rusty Ruins



And the books they came from:

a. Insignia by SJ Kincaid

b. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

c. Bumped by Megan McCafferty

d. Starters by Lissa Price

e. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

f. Across the Universe by Beth Revis

g. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

h. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

i. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

j. Memento Nora by Angie Smibert

k. Birthmarked by Caragh O’Brien

l. Starters by Lissa Price

m. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn

n. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

o. Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray

p. Beta by Rachel Cohn

q. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

r. All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin

s. Possession by Elana Johnson

t. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch


(And yes, I have read ALL of these books!)

3 comments:

Catherine Stine said...

I only got a few--but this inspires me to read more of these amazing novels. That seems like a possibly unexpected, and good result of your quiz!
Catherine Stine’s Idea City

Britta said...

This is awkward... I thought I knew Dystopians, but I can only name 2 of these!

Guilie Castillo said...

Whoa. I need to read more dystopian, is all I'm saying.