Second Book Week: Title Redacted

Wow! Can't believe it's already second book time! So excited to read about all my fellow bloggers next books and I'm really looking forward to telling you every single thing I can about my next book.


Unfortunately, every single thing I can tell you is....nothing.


I'm currently under strict orders to keep it all a big secret, including the title. So how to do a post about a book I can't talk about? Well, mostly I'm going to be irritatingly mysterious.What I thought I'd do is share a few of the inspirations for the book in hopes that they might give you a taste for what it is.


First, there's this quote by Stephen jay Gould that was probably the single biggest early influence on the book.


"No..conflict should exist because each subject (science and religion) has a legitimate magisterium, or domain of teaching authority—and these magisteria do not overlap..."


Next, a wikipedia entry.

And now a few significant locations where the book takes place.

The main character has one of her last happy memories floating late at night  in a place just like this.

This is what all the characters spend alot of time looking at.

This is where one character gets down on his knees and begs for forgiveness.

This is a major character in the book who's not entirely what he seems.
Other thank this I can tell you this is a much bigger book that The Eleventh Plague. More characters. A bigger world. It's also more on the side of a fantasy/adventure story with a little sci-fi thrown in.

I can't wait to tell you all more!

11 comments:

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

You're such a tease! Can't wait to hear more! <3

F. S. Poesy said...

Definitely like the quote from Gould. You've piqued my interest. And is that a Russian Blue?

Jeff Hirsch said...

Thanks bonnie.

Hi Tim! He's a shelter cat so probably a bit of a mix, but we do like to think he's descended from Russian royalty.

Annika said...

Henry! Sorry, what were we talking about? (Jeff, you would not believe how long it took me to figure out that you are the same Jeff Hirsch who is married to Gertie, whose blog I read. I can be a little slow.)

Jeff Hirsch said...

Hi Annika! The funny thing is if you read both my and Gertie's book this fall you will find that henry makes a significant appearance in both of them. That little guy really wormed his way into our hearts. The other cat is a little pissed, but maybe her time will come.

Elana Johnson said...

Wow, I can't wait to read this!

Julia said...

OMG, Jeff! Now I'm on pins & needles! And what a cute cat! (okay, he's elegant... lol!)

Jake.Seelbinder said...

Is It A Sequel To The Eleventh Plague?

Jeff Hirsch said...

Hi jake. Nope, the book this fall isn't a sequel. It's the start of a whole new thing and may be the start of a series.

Moira said...

Will there be a sequel to the eleventh plague??? I really liked that book and im hoping for a sequel.

Bobby Buechele said...

Wow I feel like the only kid who read the 11th plague.