Link-O-Rama

Hi Everybody!


Crazy times here.  Just got back from a great trip to Nashville that we and wifey planned a few month ago and now I've got just 6 days before my edits for Long Walk Home have to be in to my editor. Yikes!

I'll be back with a real post next week, but for now here's a bunch of articles I've been enjoying lately!

  • They also did a big Mockingjay review where they basically argue that it needs to be made a part of the canon of great sci fi lit. Big words. Do you agree?
  • Really enjoyed these thoughts on bringing, or not bringing, your personal politics into your writing.
  • Just because I'm obsessed with mine, here's a rave review on the the new Kindle. 
  • Excellent article on an issue I've been thinking about alot lately, how our plethora of digital devices are depriving our brains of needed down time. Are we amusing ourselves to death?


You guys  read anything good lately?

3 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks for the links - the last one is a good question. I worry kids may not have enough down time to develop their imaginations and creativity.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

On Mockingjay - yes, absolutely. I haven't read the article, but that series was amazing.

On brain deprivation - I just came off a 2 week blog-cation, and I can tell you that the focus is definitely lacking with lots of time spent on-line. However, I'm back, so what does that say?

p.s. love my Nook, just got a new cover. So pretty. :)

Angie Smibert said...

I09 posted a new article in their SciFi 101 series: http://io9.com/5626861/a-syllabus-and-book-list-for-novice-students-of-science-fiction-literature?skyline=true&s=i